Search This Blog

May 12, 2009

Spelling Curriculum

     For spelling we have been using Houghton Mifflin Spelling and Vocabulary workbook this is a first grade workbook and it has worked out great. The pages contain a step by step instruction which consist of reading the word, writing the words and fitting them into sentences, we do one page a day and then I give my son a oral quiz based on the spelling words provided in the workbook once a week he has a written test on the spelling words.

I think this particular curriculum is being discontinued but I am sure HM is replacing it with a new spelling curriculum and HM has many other great curriculum's to choose from, this is a CA standard curriculum.

The post before this has the EPS books curriculum which also assist the student with spelling and vocabulary.

Also check out my FREE Printable Worksheets link for spelling worksheets and activity.

No comments:

Make a donation

CONTACT ME

Name

Email *

Message *