Search This Blog

Feb 4, 2022

What does it mean to live your best life now?

     If you see this in LinkedIn or seen my first entry, in the 15 minute a day writing challenge, you know that my motto is LIVING MY BEST LIFE NOW, or BEST LIFE NOW! I created this to remind myself that life is too short for stress, anger, resentment and just being unhappy! In this post I wanted to explain what "BEST LIFE NOW" means to me. Maybe it can inspire you to live life more in the now rather than in the past, like so many of us seem to do. I've been heard saying "the past is gone, the future doesn't exist yet, all we have is right now!" 

     In the catholic tradition we have a prayer called The Hail Mary, which I love. This prayer has given me much comfort throughout my life. In this prayer we say, "pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death." We say "NOW" because that is the first most important time of our lives. The choices and decisions we make now will affect our tomorrow! The only way to change the future is to make those necessary changes right now. We are reminded to ask God for that guidance, willfulness and diligence in making the right choices, now. We say "death" because that is the second most important time if our life when we look back on our life, judge our self and go on to our eternal reward or punishment. 

    But what do I mean by Living your best life NOW? I mean not waiting to make those necessary changes in your life. Often, we wait until you "feel" like it. It's about not waiting until tomorrow to make your life what you want. Have you ever fell into the Monday complex? I have for sure that's how I know about it. You know you got to lose weight or start eating healthy. Here's the scenario, it's Friday but you say, "I will start on Monday." And then on Wednesday you realize that you didn't eat as healthy as you know you should have. So, you tell yourself, "I'll start on Monday." Before you know it the month, or year is over, and you are no closer to your goals than you were on the first Monday you said you would change. 

best life now

    This is a never-ending cycle of what I call the Monday complex! We will do ourselves well to get out of that way of thinking. The important changes that we need to make life better are just too important to wait, we need to do it now! This doesn't mean that the results will happen instantly or that it won't take time to get where we want to be in life. It just means we start now, not tomorrow! We don't procrastinate on a better quality of life or making those business calls that you need to make. 

    This is a cycle that we could avoid if we just LIVED OUR BEST LIFE NOW! Sometimes on YouTube I listen to a lady entrepreneur names Mel Robbins and she is big on not waiting until you feel like it and just doing what you need to do now.  She says, "you're never going to feel like it!" This is true you will never feel like exercising or eating a salad instead of tacos. No one wants to do the work that it takes to have the best life possible. We just want it now without the work but that is not what I am talking about. Sure, it would be great if we could snap our fingers and the work is done. But not how it works in the real world. 

     Life is what we make it, no one else! We need to begin the work now; we need to make better choices now and not wait for Monday to feel like it. This is what I think about all the time, so I decided to dedicate this post to it. We don't even know if tomorrow will come so why not live our best life NOW? And live life to the fullest and have the best quality of life we can. We don't have time for stress, anger, resentment, and being unhappy. I always tell my kids that if you want to be happy, be happy! Happiness is a choice that we make right now no matter what life throws at us! If you think life has to be perfect until you can be happy, you will never be happy. I am not saying to be happy about the horrible things happening in your life or the world. I am saying to find peace and happiness in spite of that stuff.

    That is a choice I had to personally make for myself. I realized that I spent way too much of my life being unhappy and not seeing the good in what was happening in my life. I chose to be happy in spite of it and my life has been much better for it. I still have a lot to work on but these days I want to make my life my best life, and I don't want to wait for it. I touched on this in my previous challenge post. I am 42 this month and if I die at 82, I'm already halfway through my life, and most people don't get that much time so what am I waiting for? I want to make my next 40, 50, 60 years my best ones! I would never want any different for anyone else. Let's LIVE OUR BEST LIFE NOW! 

    Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope you are taking the 15 minutes a day writing challenge. You can start a blog or just crab a pen and paper. Get your thoughts down, at the very least it will be something to leave the kids. Maybe it can help someone think a little differently. It can certainly help you stay gowned and on track with your goals. It is not good to keep it all inside. Comment below to tell me what you think. As always God bless! 

By Joanne Utke

 Want natural health information and a Step by Step plan to go plant based, lose weight and feel great? 

No comments:

Make a donation

CONTACT ME

Name

Email *

Message *