Search This Blog

Dec 18, 2011

Lentil Soup Recipe

   This is a recipe I made up, it is a great simple Lentil soup recipe using the Organic Gourmet Vegetable Bouillon cubes. You can use chicken stock but I like a more veggie taste for Lentil soup. Here is the directions to make it the way I do, it always comes out great, I hope it does for you to! I also do not use any ham or bacon fat etc.. This is a vegan style lentil soup.

Lentil Soup


1 small to medium onion chopped
1 big carrot chopped
1 celery stalk chopped
3 small potatoes chopped into small bite size pieces
A clove or two of chopped garlic
1 cup dried lentils rinsed and drained

Put all veggies in a pot, saute for a few min in a little olive oil.
Add enough water to cover veggies completely, the water should be about half in above the veggies in the pot.

Bring to a boil and add vegetable bouillon about 2 cubes (see package directions for how much water per bouillon cube) I use Organic Gourmet.

Once boiling add lentils and simmer on med high until lentils are tender.

You may want to add seasoning as desired, taste your soup to see what it needs. I did add a little extra salt but you don't have to the bouillon has many flavors including salt.

Enjoy!

By Joanne Utke


No comments:

Make a donation

CONTACT ME

Name

Email *

Message *