Search This Blog

Jan 26, 2009

My top 10 reasons to home school

cafe mom, homeschooling
Are you homeschooling or want to be maybe you are on the fence about it. 

My top 10 reasons to home school

1. I get to be with my kids all day and watch them grow!

2. I get to be the one who teaches my kids, I get to see there face light up first hand when they have accomplished some new skill!

3. We get to use the world around us as our classroom and my kids get a real life education.

4. My kids will have supervised socialization and we get to meet new people together.

5. My children and I get to choose what we learn and how we learn it!

6. On average by the 8Th grade home schooled kids are 4 years ahead academically then kids in public schools.

7. Homeschooling provides an environment that is focused family.

8. Education is a part of our life, instead of our life being a part of education.

9. We get to travel on days when other kids are in school that means shorter lines at the museums and amusement parks.

10. It just makes good sense!

What is the best advice you can give to someone who is starting out homeschooling or thinking about homeschooling?

3 comments:

Joanne Utke said...

I have been homeschooling for a year now, and still learning but the best advice I can give is believe that you can do it and just do it imperfect action, learn along the way!

For me I don't allow myself to have a choice I will homeschool becuse I believe that is what is right for my kids.

You are worth it and your kids are worth it!

Believe Achieve - Hugo and Roxanne said...

Hi Joanne,
These are all wonderful reasons to homeschool children. Hugo and I have been back and forth about the idea for some time. Our son turns 4 @ the end of this year and will be ready for preschool.
Your post is very informative about how beneficial homeschooling is for both parents and children. Thanks so much for sharing this. I look forward to learning more! :-)
Your post may have ultimately made my mind about the decision. Will be talking more about it to Hugo.
Thanks again! :-)

Many Blessings....
Roxanne ~ Believe Achieve

Joanne Utke said...

Thank you! I really mean what I write and we believe in homeschooling for the good of our children and family! We were also back and fourth for a little while but the more I learned about it and really thought about the posibilities and the doors that can be opened for my children threw homeschooling the more I new it was right for us.

Make a donation

CONTACT ME

Name

Email *

Message *