Search This Blog

Jan 18, 2023

Teenagers Not a Poem by me

Not a Poem by Joanne Utke 

I really don't know what this is lol! But I am writing it from my heart and my own mind based on my life experiences. I am not into poems or rhyming so I won't even try it here. Song writers impress me, but I am not among them :) So for whatever this is worth here is my not a poem about Teenagers. After all I was one and I have some. 

Teenagers

teenagers keep you on your feet

they challenge you

they make you worry

just don't hurry

for them to grow up

but when they do 

they may surprise you

remember to support them

listen to them

learn from them

love them

teenagers need lots of love

but not the huggy kissy kind 

they need the kind of love

that lets them know you are there

no matter what happens to them

tell them you love them and

watch their eyes roll back

just ignore that stuff

when they talk to you just listen

don't argue with them too much

listen to their words

don't focus on the words being used

try to figure out the meaning

behind the words

remember when you were a teenager

don't you ever forget that

you could relate to them once

you still could if you tried

above all

teenagers are capable

smart and funny

they are trying to figure out this crazy world

this world that makes little sense

be kind to them

lead them with example

treat them like

an equal

with respect

love and kindness

when they grow up

they will know

and hopefully 

take care of you

when you're old


Thank you! 

check out my store for interesting stuff


No comments:

Make a donation

CONTACT ME

Name

Email *

Message *